One of the most popular cosmetic surgeries that people seek around the world are facelifts. This type of cosmetic procedure has been the gold standard in facial rejuvenation for decades. A well-performed facelift from Beverly Hills Facelift can help one look 10 to 15 years younger. Because it’s so effective in helping people reverse the signs of aging, it’s no surprise that it remains a popular cosmetic procedure for both men and women. In fact, there were over 120,000 facelifts performed in 209 alone.
Pages of Contents
What is a Facelift?
A facelift is a cosmetic procedure that aims to significantly reduce the visible signs of aging in the face. It helps correct sagging skin with the help of blepharoplasty, remove deep wrinkles, jowls, folds, and laxity and transform it to a tighter, firmer, more youthful appearance. If you find the procedure interesting but have reservations about it, you’re probably wondering whether it’s worth getting one.
Below are some of the important factors to consider when deciding to get a facelift from Beverly Hills Facelift:
Age is probably one of the biggest deciding factors when it comes to getting a facelift. Aging affects every one of us in different ways at different rates, depending on our diet, skin type, ethnicity, genetics, and other factors. While most facelift procedures are done on people aged 55 and above, there are those that have had facelifts done in their 40s and early 50s as well.
Age, they say, is just a number, and whether or not a facelift makes sense for you depends on how visible the signs of aging are on your face. For example, if you already have visible creases and loose, sagging skin around the lower half of your face and neck in your 40s, then perhaps you should consider getting a facelift.
On the other hand, there are patients that ask whether they are too old to have a facelift. The answer is no. In fact, many plastic surgeons have performed facelift procedures on patients in their 70s and 80s. When determining whether a person qualifies for a facelift, the question shouldn’t b about age, but on whether that person is physically fit and healthy.
Besides age, another thing you have to consider is whether it is the right time for you to have a facelift. Will you have enough downtime to recover? It’s important that you have enough downtime for healing and recovery so that you can get the best results of your facelift.
It is possible to achieve this by wearing facelift compression garments during stage 1 of cosmetic surgery recovery process, which helps you recover more comfortably and avoid unwanted side effects.
This is why you need to consider the timing of your decision. If you need to take time off work to recover be sure to ask your employers that. If you work from home, there’s no need to worry about having to take time off work.
Signs of Aging
Check the signs of aging you’re experiencing. Do you notice wrinkles or sagging skin forming in your face? Do you notice facial lines and deep folds? Do you notice laxity and/or jowls? If you answer yes to any or all of these, don’t worry. It’s not the end of the world for you. Beverly Hills Facelift addresses these common signs of aging by doing the following:
- Removing loose and excess skin
- Improving a person’s profile, jaw, and neckline
- Tightens the sagging corners of the mouth
- Lifts and minimizes jowls and double chin
How serious your signs of aging are, and how they affect your self-esteem can be one of the deciding factors for considering a facelift. For those with less serious signs of skin aging, you can try non-surgical cosmetic procedures like fillers and Botox to give your skin that “lift” or change in appearance sans the surgery.
The Best Age to Get a Facelift
Facelifts, in general, are not recommended for those under the age of 30. In many cases, facelift is ideal for people in their 40s, 50s, and 60s, when the signs of aging become more visible and prevalent.
Skin aging, especially wrinkles, fine lines and sagging skin, are all caused by the aging process. But there’s no need to worry because these skin problems can be corrected through surgical techniques. But there’s no specific age at which you should consider a facelift. Why? Because everyone ages differently due to a number of factors. You should only consider getting Beverly Hills facelift when the signs of aging start to bother you and affect your self-esteem.
Types of Facelifts
There are a few different types of facelifts that you can get to achieve your specific goals. They are as follows:
- Mini facelift –this is ideal for people that only need minimal improvement around the lower part of their face. It’s a great choice for those in their late 30s and 40s that have minor signs of aging. There is minimal incision involved and the downtime is drastically reduced compared to a traditional facelift.
- Traditional Facelift –a traditional facelift, also known as a full facelift, is what most people think of when they hear the word facelift. It’s the best option for those who experience mild to serious signs of aging around the face and neck. Traditional facelifts work by trimming and reshaping excess skin and fat tissue, changing it back to a tighter and more youthful appearance. Traditional facelift produces more dramatic results compared to mini-facelift. It lasts longer and is more transformative too.
- Neck Lift –for people showing serious signs of aging and sagging skin around the neck area, doctors usually recommend getting a neck lift. This procedure is great for removing excess fat tissue and repairing the neck area to give it youthful and more defined appearance. Necklifts are usually performed together with a facelift to give you a well-balanced, and all-around facial rejuvenation.
If you’re seriously considering getting plastic surgery, finding the right option can get quite overwhelming. When it comes to facelifts, most people’s idea about it is what it can accomplish. But the truth is, facelift is the best option if you want to revitalize your appearance. We hope this article helped you decide whether it’s right for you and shen you should consider it.