Topamax is a medication that is typically used by itself or in combination with other drugs to stop and manage seizures (epilepsy). Topamax is part of a class of medications known as anticonvulsants.
This generic title is Topiramate.
Pages of Contents
The Uses for Topamax
Topamax is used to treat the following illnesses or conditions: Migraines Diabetes Depression, fibromyalgia and obesity, uncontrolled urge bipolar disorder, alcohol dependence seizures, bipolar disorder, and nerve damage.
The side consequences of Topamax
The adverse effects of Topamax include: Dizziness weight loss and dizziness, paraesthesia (pins and needles) as well as nausea, somnolence fatigue, nasopharyngitis, the common cold. Depression anaemia, weight gain, trouble with attention memory impairment, amnesia mental impairment, cognitive disorder impaired psychomotor abilities convulsion, coordination impairment
Some of the effects could end up damaging someone’s life, which means you shouldn’t be pondering whether Topamax could ruin the life of someone else when they say; “Topamax ruined my life.”
Drowsiness, fatigue, dizziness loss of coordination, sensations of tingling in the hands or feet Loss of appetite, changes in the way food tastes, weight loss, and diarrhea can occur.
Now, tell me how Topamax affected my life? or what could it do to yours?
When we examine the list of negative effects that are associated with this medication It is evident that Topamax isn’t very secure. The list of adverse effects is lengthy, which contributes to its risk that may cause harm to your life.
As per the FDA and their published label updates for the year 2014 Topamax has a “black-box” warning that contains the following adverse reactions that show how it could end your life
- Glaucoma secondary to angle closure If not treated, elevated intraocular pressure could result in permanent visual loss. Losing your eyesight isn’t you’d ever read about. Blindness can affect your daily life as eyesight is among the five senses the body relies on.
- Vision field imperfections: They are not caused by an elevated intraocular pressure. This can cause blurred vision or even blindness over the long term which can make it difficult to perform your daily routine.
- Hyperthermia and oligohidrosis: Check for the decrease in sweating and increase in body temperature, particularly for children. You’ll always appear pale and sluggish and the increased temperature is not a good thing. Of course I’m not imagining businesses hiring people who look sick and you’re aware of the consequences for you.
- Metabolic acidosis can cause an increase in acidity within your body that can lead to toxicity in the body’s system, and, consequently, death.
- Suicidal ideation and suicidal behavior: Antiepileptic drugs increase the danger of suicidal behavior and thoughts of suicide. If you exhibit this type of behavior, it can result in you being placed within the mental ward, have you dismissed, and cut you off from family and friends.
What happened to Topamax affected my entire life, and the way I came back
Again, I’m sorry since I am unable to share my personal experiences with Topamax since I’ve not used it. However, I’ve gotten rid of the experiences that others have had with Topamax in the past to allow you to look up the topic about “how Topamax ruined my life.”
So now. I’m not planning to relive these experiences but rather, I’m going to inform you the best way to recover from the effects of Topamax.
Yes you can get over Topamax that is destroying your life. This isn’t an end-of-life sentence, or similar to the cancers or HIV. It is possible to recover by putting your mind on it.
In the first place, it is important to be aware of the warnings and precautions. make sure you are aware of any possible drug interactions and speak with your physician for treatment.
There are other alternatives to Topamax. Talk to your doctor about it to let him recommend or prescribe the appropriate one for your needs.
If you can put your heart to it, and you’re committed, focused and unflinching, and also capable, then, I believe and you’re on your path to recovery since there are a variety of treatment options and therapies in place.
All you need to do is locate the best ones, and you’re set.
Be sure to read the labels on your medications (such as cough and cold products) as they could contain ingredients that can cause the feeling of drowsiness. Consult your doctor about using these products in a safe manner.
More secure and better alternatives to Topamax
There is still a lot to be learned about getting over how Topamax destroyed my life. If Topamax wasn’t working for you, that doesn’t mean other medicines or treatments that are available won’t be effective for you.
If you have stopped treatment with Topamax, speak to your physician and look for other options which are more secure, safe and more effective than Topamax.
Topamax isn’t the sole medication available to treat of seizures, migraines, and many more.
I’m confident that they are a few other medications and drugs that are highly effective and compatible with your body’s system, with minimal or no adverse effects, therefore, stop thinking about ” the way Topamax has ruined my life” and instead, treat your condition or ailment which led you to use Topamax initially and then restore your health.
The following alternatives are great alternatives to Topamax
- Carbamazepine (Carbatrol, Tegretol, other)
- Phenytoin (Dilantin, Phenytek)
- Valproic acid (Depakene)
- Oxcarbazepine (Oxtellar, Trileptal)
- Lamotrigine (Lamictal)
- Gabapentin (Gralise, Neurontin)
- Zonisamide (Zonegran)
Talk to your physician about which option to choose to find the one that is appropriate for you.
What happens when I do not take sufficient dosages Topamax and what can I need to do?
Nothing major will occur. However, if you’ve missed large doses of the medication the drug, it won’t be sufficient or effective enough to cure you of the condition that you sought it to treat.
Follow these steps if you’ve missed doses in significant amounts;
- If you do not remember to take one or additional doses: take each dose according to the regular date and time, and the standard amount. Don’t take more than the amount your doctor has advised you to take.
- If you don’t take one dose, you can skip it and resume your usual routine.
- Do not increase the dose to make up for the doses you missed.
- Consult your physician regarding what you should do in case you aren’t sure the best way to handle.